Wednesday, August 24, 2011

an unsure forecast...

I only have two weeks until surgery!! If someone would have told me in April or May that I would have to wait until September to have surgery, I would have pulled my hair out. There were days, honestly I didn’t think the biopsy day would get here and here we are two weeks out from September 7th…. wow! I have mixed feelings about the surgery. I wouldn’t cancel this surgery for NOTHING! You know how they say you can’t be sick and have surgery. Call if you have a cold or cough…… This girl here, you’d never hear from her.

I am darn well determined to have this surgery. My family has been sheltering me from people who are sick. Whenever my GP got worse, I had just started studying to take an EMT class and my doctor told me that working in situations like that would not be good since I believe 70% of the immune system is in the intestines. My intestines are affected by the GP. I stopped studying for the class but if someone I was around was sick, I didn’t really heed the warning. I am now. Just get me to the OR and everything will be okay.

Up until yesterday, I was good with everything until I realized just how soon my surgical date was approaching. It would be wonderful if we lived in a perfect world, like the old Walgreen’s commercials, and we knew that everything would be okay. I don’t have all the answers, will my surgery be successful, will my pelvic floor muscles hold up or will I one day have to have an ileostomy? I am determined to not have the latter but ultimately I know that God’s not going to give me more than I can deal with so that is where I find my comfort. No one said life was going to be easy or comfortable. All I know is that I have two weeks left and two bottles of magnesium citrate!!


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. I hope so much that this surgery is successful for you. I will be thinking of you and praying for you until then and also through it and during your recovery. You are truly a GP inspiration for me.